Thursday 27 December 2007

Let's be joyful




Yes, let's.

Despite having one (or more?) extremely unwanted visitors the last few days, there's still that wonderful Christmas feeling 'round here. We put a Vietnamese conical hat at the tippity top of our beautiful, albeit Charlie Brown-ish, tree. On Christmas Eve we picnicked underneath said tree on Alaskan king crab legs with lots of melted butter to slurp up. Slurp slurp slurp. We went to midnight mass, got seats, and I sang my arse off. I took my first stab at making homemade trofie pasta and they tasted a-ma-zing (actually I can't take all the credit; Steve helped to make their adorable twists). I finally got around to making no-knead bread (2nd loaf is rising right now). Tonight we're going to a restaurant which I've been dying to go to since, oh I don't know, two weeks after moving to Phoenix last year. I finally got to show Steve what all the fuss over the movie The Namesake is about. And late at night when our dear old biddy neighbors are safely tucked in, we sneak downstairs and get in the jacuzzi to warm up. We have to. I don't think they have hot tubs where we're going.


There's still the tiny little baby hiccup of my getting a job (but we have a place to live! let me not jinx it just yet though), but I'm still taking the official 'not panicking' stance. After all, it's a tough week for getting a job, right? Just nod your head 'yes' for my sake. Thank you.




Happy new year beautiful ones!

No comments: