Saturday 4 August 2012

August 4th already

I keep sitting down to write a post--the one about me and my bump, another about Renegade Handmade which was now two weeks ago, our little trip south to Gilroy Gardens a few weeks back, the Olympics. Oh the Olympics! I blame them. I don't do anything else these evenings but sit glued to our little 12-inch television, screaming for the U.S. swim team (I love them! Such a class act.) or those phenomenal gymnasts with their heads held high. What a beautiful thing to see, night after night--rising up to all that pressure. I love it and will be sad when next Friday rolls around.

So that's our nights--going to bed much too late, me doing a little knitting, some online ordering, trying to avoid social media since damnit being on the west coast means you might stumble across competition results that you didn't want to know beforehand. Our days of course are filled with our almost two year-old being her wonderful nutsky crazykin self. Wait. What?! Steve reminded me today that I have to start answering the million-times-a-day How old is she? question from strangers with "Two at the end of this month." Emphasis on the this month. August? How? No!





No comments: