Monday 15 February 2010

Valentine's


I love having fresh flowers in our house. Think I will really stick to doing it every week.
I loved making Steve breakfast in bed hallway. Egg in a (abstract) heart hole and bacon.
I loved putting homemade lemon drop cupcakes on friends' doorsteps and then running away.
I loved having a fling with coffee after three months away. Reunited and it felt so good. 
I loved going to Bok Tower where we spent our first Valentine's Day together seven years ago.
I love simple picnics of butter sandwiches, soup, and hot cocoa beneath ancient oak trees.
I love homemade garlands for this special day. 
I loved making these knit hearts for my loves (I left out the catnip). 
I love my husband and his patience with my roller coaster of emotions.
I love having my family in the same zip code.
I love talking about the future nowadays.
I love the way Steve crinkles up his nose when he's laughing.
I love our life right this very second. Screwy moments and all.


When you think about it, you'll find that love actually is all around. -from (what else?) my favorite movie

No comments: