Monday 9 May 2011

Traveling again.

Our girl

The flights went great. Mila was wonderful, totally engaged in everything. I felt like I had arrived as a mother as, in an effort to cheer her up, I sang This Little Piggy while hovering to pee over the toilet in the handicapped bathroom stall during our layover in Atlanta. It stopped her crying as she sat in the dreadful umbrella stroller, so that's all that matters.

We spent Mother's Day again in flight, on a plane Italy-bound (with my parents, thank goodness. No way am I that brave.) Now we're in Rome, one more flight to go. I can say quite certainly that my daughter's never been so dirty. There's even yuckiness in her neck folds, A few hours on a plane and she's feral. We're all exhausted (some more than others) and jet-lagged...but excited. Finally they get to meet her.

No comments: