Monday 19 January 2009

Tomorrow, tomorrow


I saw this too late and have already spent way, way too much money tonight at Whole Foods for the next week's meals-- or else I would be preparing a meal tomorrow along these lines, in celebration of the inauguration:

Obama-inspired dishes, or

the menu for tomorrow's inaugural luncheon, except maybe with this scallop soup, and this dessert instead: a peach cobbler which Obama once raved about. The cinnamon apple sponge cake just doesn't sound good to me right now. Oh, and different wines--another (dare I say better) Anderson Valley pinot like Toulouse, maybe a buttery chard with the seafood, and an Iron Horse or Roederer Estate sparkling wine.

Oh well. Looks like it'll be sparkling wine and a tray of fudgy brownies for us. Good times.

******

Maybe I'll do this for his birthday instead? August 4th. oh, and thanks to this lovely blog for the food ideas.

No comments: