Friday 2 January 2009

Ron Howard's Best?

Now that I don't know. Apollo 13, after all, was stunning. And A Beautiful Mind was life-changing, out-of-the-park incredible.

But Frost/Nixon is wonderful. It's riveting, intense, and funny as hell. One of the facets of great movies for me is one that ends with you appreciating the duality of the characters--sympathizing with them and rooting against them all at once. This was one such film. And although it's based on a stage play, it didn't have that tunnel vision feel that some plays-turned-movies do. Here's a link to one of the trailers. And here's a link to a trailer of the actual interviews. It's now out on DVD and I really really want it, and don't think I'll have to twist Steve's arm too much to order it.

On an unrelated topic, I am thrilled that my hubby took me out to lunch today and I got to fill my belly with kumamoto oysters from Hog Island. Happy day.







No comments: