Monday 27 July 2009

Baby steps


I finally did it. I got tough and moved past the fact that my new camera is heavy to the point that I feel I don't need to go to 'power pump' at the gym on Thursdays anymore because of the workout just holding the freaking thing gives me, and got over the nagging rationale that I don't know what the hell I'm doing, and just started taking pictures. My sister gave me that advice, so these are for you, Lamb. Some of the first photos ever with our Markie. Now don't be expecting anything grand; showing these pictures are just for posterity's sake. In a few months I hope to have come a long(ish) way.

p.s. as you can see this all went down in a little third floor hospital room. Welcome back home Steve!




Steve hates this one because, "I look like I'm dying." Honestly, I see where he's coming from although when I shot this I was doing it for the wedding ring aspect. Anyhow. I'm posting it because it illustrates one of my favorite photography techniques in the whole wide world, bokeh.


More bokeh, although the carnation at the forefront isn't as sharp as I would like.
I know these next ones are blurred, but I quite like them anyways. Little bits of my heart are saved for blurry shots.



No comments: