Monday 29 November 2010

3 months

Three months. 1/4 of the way to one year. My baby. My baby. It makes my heart hurt to think about those early days from the hospital and compare them to now. You were so patient with us then and you still are.

We are starting to see a shy, happy personality peek through. You're less and less serious these days, and our favorite pastime is finding ways to make you smile and squeal. So far sure bets include "airplane" on my knees, farting noises, silly dances ending in jazz hands, looking at the other baby in the mirror, and the hamster song. Lately you've been giving me these incredibly loving, lingering gazes followed by a coooooooo that stops me dead in my tracks and makes me want to just pull you close and hold you forever. It's like you think I hung the moon. Well, you are my everything, too.

You love being stood up and will easily bear weight with our support, and you aren't toppling over quite so fast when I sit you up against pillows. Of course you're still constantly moving, my long and lean baby. We were alarmed to find a bald spot on the back of your head but a quick google search showed it's actually quite common, no doubt a direct result from your 180-degree Linda Blair turns towards sounds. I thought you were aware before...little did I know. I read that your vision is completely in focus now and it shows. Maybe that's why you fight your naps.




This past month you experienced two big holidays, Halloween and Thanksgiving, and well, you spent the bulk of them eating. You were eating when trick-or-treaters were coming to the door and during our chili dinner, you were eating when Santa came 'round the corner during the Macy's Parade on tv, and you were eating when Nonna said grace at the table for Thanksgiving dinner. Breastfeeding is one of my favorite things about motherhood so far. It was worth the stubbornness to get to this point. Just like you were worth the wait.


No comments: