Friday 26 November 2010

The Tried + True's Part Two: Crack Pie

See Part One of the Tried + True's here.

Crack pie. I wasn't going to add this one to the mix since yesterday I only tasted three bites of it in between bouncing Mila, not enough to make an accurate assessment. But Steve hasn't stopped raving about the crack pie since. He told me he's been talking it up to his co-workers all day today, and the last time he did something like that I had dedicated nearly a day making a homemade pasta with duck meat sauce. Luckily crack pie comes together much easier, only taking me two evenings to make--although if you don't have a three month-old you could very likely make it in one.

So like I said, I wasn't going to post about this one, until about 5 minutes ago when I peeked at the leftovers Marmousch lovingly packed for me to take home- and she had saved me a little sliver of the crack pie! I ate it standing over the sink in my robe, barefoot, hair wet from the shower, the only one in the house not asleep right now. And it's decided. This is a tried + true.

Here you go


No comments: