Saturday 24 December 2011

Elving.

So this is what Santa's elves feel like. It's 7:30 on Christmas Eve (!), Mila just went to sleep and I came straightaway into the kitchen to make coffee. It's going to be a long night, but a fun one.

I really love this part. Really really. Even before having kiddos I romanticized how fun it would be to stay up ridiculously late with your husband all in the name of Christmas morning magic. Does that excitement ever wear off? I guess it helps that I'm a night owl. Now Woogus, she's still very young but isn't too little to know beautiful surprises when she sees them.  I hope not, anyway. I'm so excited to hear her happy, breathy aaaaaaahhhhhhh's when walking out into the living room in just a few short hours.


Oh I can hardly wait.
Merry Christmas, world. May it be just as bright.


No comments: