Monday 15 March 2010

random here and there

  • The race was amazing. I'm still on a high from the finish which for me began at the top of the "Heartbreak" Hart bridge all the way into a seriously awesome 1/2-mile decline into the Jags stadium where it felt like the thousands of us en masse were encouraging each other at every step. But the best part was that I got to do it all with Lamb. Am proud of all three Mariani women including Marmousch. A yearly tradition from here on out, baby will love it I am sure. 
  • I can't wait to start showing some of the stuff I've been knitting and making for our little. This is the current project on the needles but it's going to be awhile yet. 
  • I've won an ebay bid on another vintage globe. This one is just 9"! Hurry up mail. 
  • Am looking forward to a few hours at the beach either today or tomorrow.
  • I've stored away all my sweaters and boots. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm excited to get myself in skirts and dresses again. 
  • We're late to the game this year and are watching all the academy award nominees now that they're coming out on DVD. I can't justify the $10 ticket to the movies anymore and then the $8 bucket o' popcorn + $6 soda that husband can't say no to. Precious is on its way to us, probably the one I'm most excited to see. 
  • Am searching for a kickass strawberry shortcake recipe out in the blogosphere. I've used an Emeril one in the past and though great it's a little too reinvented for me at the moment, know what I mean? I'm looking for a simple light-as-a-feather cake with the dollop of cream and a few plump strawberries on top. Simple.

No comments: