Thursday 22 April 2010

Happy Earth Day

Some things I'm proud of that we do now:
  • Finally ending my hunt for the perfect reusable grocery bag. Not having enough hands to lug a bunch into the house (and being too impatient to make multiple trips) I went with one huge one and so far love it. It lives in our car so I (usually) don't forget it.
  • Our lil' container herb garden, thanks to Marmousch (best Easter present ever). It's awesome to be able to go in your backyard and pick fresh basil for the homemade pizza you're making.
  • Our reusable cloth napkins. I bought a pack of forty at Love for Earth. They are wonderfully soft and have made me forget all about the darned disposable paper towels that we used to run out of so fast.
  • And even though it's not solely for environmental reasons, I'm proud that we've survived over six months in Florida with one car between us. I didn't think that was possible to do in this land of no public transportation. But we've grinned and beared it, done it and are doing it. 

Things I want to be able to be doing by Earth Day 2011:
  • Composting
  • Using cloth diapers on the little. Everyone tells me I'm crazy (including those in my life who will actually be helping with diapering)...and I have no idea how to wrap my head around the from where's or how many's. But would love to try. 
  • A dishwasher (conserves more water than washing by hand) would be nice. Better than nice. But that's not going to happen until we move to different digs. One can hope, right?

No comments: