Tuesday 8 June 2010

27 weeks

Summertime and the living is easy. That's what it feels like on vacation. I could be wrong, but I don't think the scenery's going to get any better on these bumpity bump shots than it did in my 27th week. While in St. John we took babyweibe snorkeling and while gaping at fishies with husband I wondered if this was what the little's daily soundtrack was like: hearing its mama's steady breathing the way you do when underwater with the mask apparatus on.

The summer I was 17, my sister and I were sun worshipping at San Giovanni in Italy when we spotted a very pregnant woman in a bikini. Lamb muttered eww while silently I thought it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Fast forward to now. At any rate, I look decidedly far less goddesslike than she did, but I'm proud of this biscuit and ensuing bump so wore my bikini with head held high.

This pregnancy keeps getting better and better. We were in a jewelry store with staff milling around celebrating their co-worker's birthday, and I was asked if my baby would like some cake. Lady, I have no idea if this kid wants some but I sure do! Of course I said yes. Cake offerings by complete strangers? This is the coolest.



Yummy treats this week:
a Ritaccino
rice krispy treats
Thai iced tea
sweetbreads
roasted strawberry and rhubarb shortcake with vanilla cream
pork belly
the best pizza I've found so far in Florida
pumpkin bread
flatbread with pulled pork, figs, confit onions, and blue cheese from here
meyer lemon cheesecake (finally my cheesecake craving fulfilled!)

No comments: