Thursday 10 March 2011

Napa

We had a wonderful time in Napa last weekend. It felt completely surreal being back in the town we had said goodbye to only 1 1/2 years ago, with my six-month old daughter. See what I mean? I can barely write it all down. There was dim sum from an airstream trailer, lemon cookie ice cream, and yummy wine (don't say no when they ask if you want to try their dessert wine).All with wonderful Heather. For the first time since being here I felt like myself again and no, it wasn't the wine; it was the familiarity of being with a good friend. It gets lonely here sometimes...the husband works afternoon/evenings and while my lil' two-footer is the bee's knees, the I'm overwhelmed mama moments can get rough when you don't have a nearby friend. And all of your east-coast cohorts are sound asleep according to EST.

Wugs, meet Heather. Heather, meet Wugs.

No comments: