Saturday 13 August 2011

Weekend

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. I was planning for one but we are knee-deep in the middle of a cat-intervention here so it looks like the relaxing will have to wait. We love having pets but sometimes...well, I'll just leave it at that.

The best thing I read this week was this article, via Cup of Jo. It was such an eye-opener for me. I have a running dialogue with Wugs throughout the day (she must think I never shut up!) and find myself constantly commenting on how beautiful, adorable, gorgeous etc. she is. While I still (and always will) think she is the most beautiful soul I've ever laid eyes on, I'm making more of an effort now to comment more on her intrinsic qualities--her generosity, kindness, her evident love for animals, newfound skills, that sort of thing. I know my little Woog Wam Woo is still oh so small but I want to start good habits now, you know?

No comments: