*Steve would like me to clarify that it was a move, not a trip. 'Scuse me, love. A road trip conjures up images of lots of junk food munchies, scenic stops, and random detours. And while all of those things happened, it had to be tempered by the fact that we had 3 cats, 2 bikes, and 1 enormous cargo carrier with us-- in or (bolted) on our hyundai. We all have a little Sanford & Son in us (right?!)--
and this was ours:
left to right, top to bottom:
1) iconic New Orleans.
2) beignets at Cafe du Monde. One of my favorite moments: sitting at our table & listening to the street performers play Ashokan Farewell. We did SO much good eating on this trip. At some point I'll have to write a post just on that.
3) back in my home state.
4) our lil' road warriors. the epitome of troopers.
5) western sunset
6) in the middle of all the blurriness you can see the Brunes through the pet barrier. This was after he puked but before he went so stir-crazy he blew through the barrier to come sit up front with us.
7) it will probably be a long while before I'm standing below those arches again. That was a sad realization.
8) one last look at our hole in Napa. lotsa memories here.
9) our favorite breakfast place in Phoenix. We rolled into town just in time for it to open, at 6:30. I love it when everything works out like that.
10) somewhere between Arizona and New Mexico