Monday 12 September 2011

I'm rusty at blogging but come bearing a slideshow.

I don't even know where to start. Lots of big happenings happened around here. Most importantly, our Wugs turned one. I really don't even know how to wrap my head around that. I am still writing her one-year love letter. Steve wrote his in five minutes one evening--what can I say, the man doesn't mince words. Me, I'm overthinking it as I overthink everything. At any rate, posts may be sporadic around here as I work on her baby book, daily journaling that I did all throughout her first year, and a photo book chronicling this big adventure that I aim to have finished by the end of 2011.

Secondly, last Tuesday, September 6th I worked (like for pay) for the first time since Mila was born. Not by choice; I don't love what I do but I try to do it with love. I'm working because it's the right thing for our family. Thankfully it is only two days a week and Steve takes care of Mila when I'm at work. I am with her when he is working and thus we still have a couple days off all together. I have been very blessed to have had this time with my baby girl-- and even though we had to do without in many areas and make huge life changes to make it happen (hellooooo, California!), we have no regrets.

For the last two weeks I've been working on a slideshow trying to convey how thrilling it's been being this girl's Mama. I have skydived, I have bungee-jumped; I've climbed glaciers, white-water rafted, traipsed through Asia with nothing but a backpack, parasailed, paraglided--basically if there was a 'hold-harmless' form to sign then I was ready and willing. And none of that held a candle to the joy I feel when I think about Mila. You've come a long way, Wugs. What a year.

No comments: