Thursday 18 April 2013

Rainbow pancakes.

Sorry. That's all I've got today. Some rainbow pancakes Wugs and I made on Monday. Actually, it's one of my favorite mom tricks: make the batter the night before and refrigerate; in the morning just add your egg whites to the batter--I abide by this recipe--and there, now you need not worry about an inpatient 2 year-old's chorus of meeee huuuuuungry! meee staaaaaaarving! before you've even had a chance to boil water for your coffee. This time I had Wugs pick out the colors and squeeze the food coloring into separate batter bowls. She may have sneaked a few fingerfuls of raw batter. Maybe. Perhaps. That's how I know she's my kid.




And the rest is all house hunting--we've begun! and I am already overwhelmed! I'm trying to remember that in the midst of all this ensuing chaos Mila and Dani still deserve to have the best part of me every single day. Keep your head up, open your eyes and enjoy them.

p.s. that last picture is Dani doing one of her favorite things. But those amber teething necklaces...I'm not entirely convinced they work.

No comments: