Saturday 14 November 2009

Happy 40th, Sesame Street



Forty years ago Sesame Street aired...

...10-and-some-change years later Marmousch and I started watching it. And together we learned the finer nuances of the English language. At least that's how the story goes: Paps came home one day with a television, said the baby needs to learn English, and 30 years later I still loves me my Big Bird, Mr. Snuffleupagus, and the whole bunch.

favorite Sesame Street song: "We All Sing With the Same Voice"

favorite Sesame Street book: The Monster at the End of This Book. Actually husband's favorite book. I'll claim it too since I love that man.

favorite Sesame Street movie:  I can remember crying at the movies while watching Follow that Bird. Poor Big Bird!

Here's to another 40, Sesame Street.




No comments: