Wednesday 18 November 2009

I love to travel.

What I wrote in my journal on 9/22/09:


The a/c can't possibly be working at the Jomo Kenyatta airport in Nairobi. We've been there since noon and our flight isn't 'till 9, then we're stuck at Johannesburg Int'l until 0930 the next morning. Because we haven't planned properly and booked an airport hotel, because I was being cheap and wanting to save our monies for the fun stuff up ahead. But anyways. Back to being hot. My eyeglasses are on, they're always on when I fly but that means I feel half-asleep and my depth perception's all askew and my clumsiness is at full throttle. My forehead is peeling from too much sun. I swear I put deoderant on after showering after our last game drive this morning but you wouldn't know it if you came within two feet of me. I am drinking water but still peeing yellow. All the clothes on my back except maybe my underwear are dirty (my last shred of dignity). 


All this to say that I'm deliriously happy. Hand to God. If that is the small price to pay to experience what we just have in the last six days, then so be it. I'll do it every day of the week that ends in a y. It makes you feel more alive, doesn't it? as someone said to us during a night game drive a few days back. Yes. 


No comments: