Friday 27 August 2010

More room details

The origami crane mobile was something I had wanted to do for a long time. I tried lots of online tutorials and ended up with lots of wonky birds until finding this one that I could understand. Pretty soon I was making cranes in my sleep. Some invisible fishing wire and skinny tree branches, and I was set. 
The wire elephant was all Steve. It's one of my favorite things in the room. 
   
I heart etsy. The birds in the window print is from PragyaK, monsieur + balloon is one of blancucha's, I am a Child of God from persimmonandpink, year of the tiger is by  Betsy Thompson, the bearded man full 'o love is laurageorge (I'm also crushing on her lovesloth print), those tiny canvases are by tushtush, and I made the papercutting of baby birds in the nest from a template over at Fog and Thistle
   The black crow was one of the first gifts we received from family friends after finding out I was pregnant. Marmousch and I made the other two out of fabric scraps. See here
I knitted the sock monkey and I can't remember where his little buddy is from! The felt balls were the one successful project I was able to make from the book Felting for Baby. Soft blocks were made from more fabric scraps and sewn up by a future Nonna.
Those are vintage Weebles on the floating shelf, we've been collecting them for the last few years. A dose of nostalgia for Steve not only because they were toys from his childhood but it's a play on our last name. And gots to represent our beloved warthog friends in Africa.

No comments: