Friday 28 October 2011

Then and now.




 In the 1st picture, she's turning her nose up at homemade applesauce. 
Applesauce. It was delicious and velvety.
In the 2nd photo, she is inhaling the roasted seaweed from Trader Joe's
which I now buy no less than 10 bags of at a time.
Isn't there a scene in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
when Grinchy is stealing all the gifts
and all you see is a hairy green hand snatching something away?
I see flashes of that as we're barreling down the road,
me handing sheet after sheet of seaweed every 1/2 mile
to keep happy this chubby, little, and demanding hand
that's peeking out from around the car seat. 

p.s. Sorry for the weird haiku-like format. It is driving me nuts as well but I really want to go to bed now instead of trying to battle html.







No comments: