Wednesday 25 January 2012

New favorite books

Mila's favorite books of late, in no particular order:

A Ride on Mother's Back: A Day of Baby Carrying Around the World
Catch That Baby! can you tell my kiddo has a baby obsession?
A Nonna recording of Goodnight Moon
Love You Forever (she sings along with me during the "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always..." part, going aaaaahhhh aaaaahhhh aaahhhhh ahhhhh. That means so much because it was a favorite book passed down from my mom. I even have my old copy from 1985!)
Good Night, Gorilla  she thumps her chest like a gorilla and shouts aaaaaahhh! in a different way than the singing ahh's.
The Life and Times of Mila H. W.

The last one is a book I made for Mila on Pinhole Press. Did you see that article on custom storybooks in the December issue of Martha Stewart Living, like 2 weeks before Christmas the way I did? Did your jaw drop in the middle of the checkout line at Joann's like mine did? So I did what any crazy, I'll-sleep-when-I-die mama would do, I spent the next 3 nights making my girl a storybook chronicling some of the highlights of her first year. Here is the book and a few of my favorite pages from it:







Sweet just doesn't describe the scene as Mila pulls out her book over and over again, lighting up when she those images. More customized storybooks to come (says the mama who continues her I'll sleep when I die! battle cry).

2 comments:

dannelle said...

The baby carrying book has just gone on my "lust list".
Oh my, the book you made for your little one is just devine. What a keepsake it will be!
happiness...
dannelle@nestenterprises

Mariana said...

Lovely!
This book is such a great idea.
And your little girl is such a cutie!!!

p.s. - New reader here... And I like this blog of yours! :)