Friday 14 September 2012

An Interview with Mila, 2 years old.

I read this lovely post via apartment therapy a few months ago and knew it was one of those traditions I wanted to incorporate with my own children. This mom interviews her kids every year on their birthdays with the questions never changing. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to see how their answers--their favorites, their perceptions, change over time? I think 17 year old Mila will find this, her 2 year interview, to be hysterical. Her parents definitely do.

I also tape recorded the whole thing, but thought it would be best to share only the written script. Hearing such a vast amount of my own voice would...be a little much for me. Cringe. 

So without further ado...the interview (with commentary of course).
*I did change a couple of the questions that I knew Wugs didn't have a point of reference to. We'll try them out next year.

1) What is your favorite color?
LELLO! (yellow)

2)  What is your favorite toy? 
TURTLE.
You mean the turtle that plays music? YES.
In my head I was thinking, you haven't played with that turtle in months! I don't even think you know where it is! And sure enough--
MAMA FIND IT!
Oh jeez.

3) What is your favorite fruit? 
PENGUIN?
So this is where I realize I haven't taught my kiddo what a fruit is. Oops.

4) What do you think is going to be the best thing about being two? 
BABY COME OOOOOUUUT!

5) What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? 
PA-TAAAA! (pasta)

6) What is your favorite thing to wear? 
SHIRT AND PANTS.

7) What is your favorite game?
SOCCER. SOCCER BALLS!

8) What is your favorite snack?
COOKIES!
For the record, even though you probably won't believe me, I don't typically let M snack on cookies. But all it takes is one time with a toddler, people! One time! They will leach onto that experience forever!

9) What is your favorite animal? 
COOOOOOOOOWS AND DUCKS.

10) What is your favorite song? 
LA LA LA...BIG BIRD
(Elmo's Song)

11) What is your favorite book? 
YITTLE HORSIES
I have no idea what book she's talking about.  Still investigating this.

12) Who is your best friend? 
MAMA!
Oh, rip my heart out and take my wallet now. You can have it all, daughter of mine!

13)  What is something you are good at doing?
READ BOOKS-A.   
Then after a beat, MIYA GOOD SAY GRACE! That's true, she's the one who typically reminds us to say it.

14) What is your favorite thing to do outside? 
PLAY UPSIDE DOWN BAA!

15) What is your favorite drink? 
MOK. (milk)

16) What is your favorite holiday? 
WHEN BABY COME OUT!

17) What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
BAA AND LEMUH. (Baa and Lemur)

18) What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
PA-TAAAA! (pasta)

19) What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner?
PA-TAAAA! (what else)

20) What do you want to be when you grow up? 
YADY! (lady)
And then, since I thought I should clarify, what do you want to do for work when you grow up? 
WEAR A SHIRT!




 Well played, Wugs, well played.



P.S. Funny coincidence - today after already writing up Mila's interview post I came across this on pinterest--the original creator of the interview idea, Nicole Reaves, is now designing a photobook version of the year-by-year interview, offered on blurb! I couldn't resist and bought one.




     

No comments: