Wednesday 10 October 2012

33 weeks.


My 34th week actually started today, but this picture to the right was taken last week. A sweet memory from a quick trip into the city where we ended up in one of our favorite spots discovered years ago, the Potrero Hill Community Garden (right by the crookedest street in San Francisco and no! it's not Lombard Street). As always, it felt surreal taking Wugs to a place I had known in my before life, finally having a little of my own to push on the swing and attentively spot as she makes her way up the rope ladder with her tongue sticking out. Hard at work.

Our fifth and last HypnoBirthing skype class was Monday. It was the best one and I turned off the computer excited and hopeful that this will be the key to a successful VBAC for me. We're on our own now, left to practice going into relaxation and breathing techniques daily. I won't go into a lot of detail now, will save that for my birth story, but even if labor takes a direction I don't want I'm still happy we did it. Being able to turn everything off and completely relax--I mean really relax, every muscle, every bit of tension--is something I've never been good at. I would always spend my shivasana at the end of yoga just mentally compiling grocery or to-do lists in my mind. But after nightly practicing for over a month now, I'm definitely noticing positive changes. Steve is 100% on board and supportive at every step. I feel so blessed that together we get to do this thrilling roller coaster ride of labor and birth and welcoming a new soul into the world all over again. 


No comments: