Sunday 3 February 2013

Pictures from last week.









Finding our new normal. We're in week...2? 3? since moving into our apartment and I'm starting to breathe a little easier. Starting to think, okay. I can do this. A word of advice...I do not recommend having a baby and moving cross-country within weeks of each other. Add to that a new job for Steve doing a different type of nursing and the death of one of our beloved cats--can we pile on any more changes? I think our little family's weathering the whole thing fairly well, though. I'm proud of us. I'm proud of our girls. I try to remember that they're following our lead and when I'm stressed, they feel it too and will quickly push back. That's not to say that there aren't crazy moments daily, sometimes hourly--moments where I'm talking to myself or find myself desperately saying to Mila, wait, let's think about this! or where Dani becomes inconsolable just as I'm shampooing Mila's hair. Those are rough moments but there are always beautiful ones. Lead with grace. I'm trying.

No comments: