Saturday 29 August 2009

Spending the day in New Orleans today.


oh New Orleans. I couldn't possibly love you more. The last time I was here was as a newlywed spending my first Valentine's day with a husband, as a wife, and still trying to wrap my head around those two weighty words.

What I remember from that last time: eating, eating, eating at Bayona, Nola's, jazz brunch at Commander's Palace, crepes for breakfast at a place called Petunia's. Drinking too much and laughing all the way to our creepy hotel room with no windows. Watching the drunk guy nod off into his beignet at Cafe du Monde. I still regard the dinner we had at Bayona to be like, well, an epiphany. This is what eating is all about. Walking everywhere. Holding hands.

We haven't been back since Katrina and I think our return visit is long overdue.

"Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
when that's where you left your heart?"

Photo by ang (3 Girls)

No comments: